25.10.12

Un Café au Coin

Pardon m for being away so long since the work really consumed my time, especially that I must prepare an exhibition in Paris. Now I've back but many tasks are still there, queuing *sigh*. But anyway, here's a little souvenir from the city of light, a series of pictures I've taken during my short trip.








FIrst story is, this small famous cafe that I've visited once I stepped in Paris. The Café de Flore, at the corner of Boulevard Saint-Germain and Rue St. Benoit, in the 6th arrondissement, is one of the oldest and the most prestigious coffeehouses in Paris, celebrated for its famous clientele.

The classic Art Deco interior of all red seating, mahogany and mirrors has changed little since World War II. It has hosted most of the French intellectuals during the post-war years. The cafe was associated with Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, Albert Camus, and other famous thinkers of the 1940s and 1950s.



for more detailed story about this beautiful famous cafe, 
visit wikipedia, here. or its own beautiful website, here.


No comments:

Post a Comment